Jonesport, Maine

The package I purchased is not the same as what they input in their computer. They will not change it.

I have all the paperwork.

On 9/01/2013 we purchased a 5 year trial Camping Package from Kim Skipper at Ocean Canyon Properties in Abita Springs, LA. This package was to include 1 week free cottage rental per year. In addition our home campground was to be in Oklahoma in order for us to use the Coast to Coast portion of our package. We paid $2000 on 9/01/2014.

We paid the balance of $3,600.18 (with interest) on 10/22/2013 with check #2146. This was a total of $5600.18. I called Mountain Lakes Resort on November 4, 2013 to make our Family Christmas camping reservation and Free Cottage Reservation. They informed me that our package did not include a Free Cottage.

They put me thru to the home office in Texarkana. The home office informed me that the original package entered into the computer DID include the Free Cottage however sometime later that package was changed, in the computer, to a different package which did NOT include the Free Cottage. I was also informed that our Home Campground is Abita Spring and it cannot be changed. I immediately said I would like to cancel my membership and get a refund.

I was told I would have to speak with Kim Skipper because she was our sales person. She is the sales rep who sold us this package after the original sales rep, Johnnie Walker, was not able to sell us. I called the Abita Springs office and spoke with a person, who would not give me her name, to let them know I needed to speak with Kim Skipper. I gave great detail about my issues.

About an hour later I received a call from someone other than Kim, I believe her name was Ann. I let them know the detail of my circumstances and wanted to speak with Kim. They said she was in a meeting. About 30 minutes after that I received another phone call from Johnnie Walker.

I could not answer my phone at the time. He left a message asking if there was anything he could help me with. I did not return the call. I felt it was redundant to again speak with someone there and explain the circumstances, again, when the only person who could help me, according to the Home office, was Kim Skipper.

As of today, November 20, 2013, have still not heard anything from Kim Skipper. Given that I had already left 2 detailed messages, it should have been very clear what they could do to help. I sent registered/return signature letters to the home office in Texarkana and Abita Spring with return receipt. This letter stated what my paperwork said, along with copies, and asked for the corrections to be made.

If the corrections could not be made, I asked for a refund. The letter to Texarkana was signed for on 11/12/13. As of today 11/20/13, I have not received anything in return from Abita Springs. I originally asked for the changes to be made in the computer to reflect the paperwork, which was given to us, with the signatures of all parties involved.

At this point I feel we have been purposefully cheated. I feel we have given Ocean Canyon plenty of time to make the necessary corrections to our account and they have made no effort to contact us to let us know it has been corrected. We have not used any portion of this package. This Free Cottage was the #1 reason we agreed to the membership.

We have older parents/grandparents who would like to vacation/camp with us and the Cottage was the perfect place for them to stay.

We would like a full refund in the amount of $5600.18.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ocean Canyon Properties Membership.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 02, 2013.

Comments

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1272381

well good luck with that!!!

I have had a membership at Bears Den in Grove for 20 years and was conned into buying an upgrade as Ocean Canyon was to buy them 3 years ago and do all of this wonderful improvements. Nothing has been done including the sale of Bears Den and I am out about $4000 for nothing.

to Anonymous #1506450

Not only you but everyone that bought in to be upgraded at bears den in Oklahoma got ripped off . They did not even own it .